15 Apr Troubled Actress Has Foot Fungus
Lindsay Lohan’s Secret Shame
A recent story in The National Inquirer claims that Lindsay Lohan has both athlete’s feet and a problem with foot odor that she’s been dealing with her whole life. The magazine cites their source as an anonymous “friend” of Lohan’s.
“Lilo’s horrified by her athlete’s foot,” said the source. “She has no idea where she caught it because she’s always so careful in communal bathrooms and spas. But she’s suffered smelly feet ever since she was a teenager, and it’s been a hugely embarrassing cross to bear.” An 8-part documentary about the actress, Lindsay, is currently airing on Oprah Winfrey’s TV channel.
Dealing with athlete’s feet can be annoying and humiliating. To get professional help with your fungal infection, contact podiatrist Dr. Donald C. Stran, DPM. Dr. Stran will check out your feet and recommend suitable treatment methods to help you get rid of your irritating condition.
Athlete’s Foot: The Sole Story
If you suffer from itching, burning, dry, and flaking feet, this may be a sign of athlete’s foot. Athlete’s foot, also known as tinea pedis, can be extremely contagious, and it often infects shower floors, gyms, socks and shoes, and anywhere else feet may come in contact with. It is commonly found in public changing areas and bathrooms, dormitory style living quarters, around locker rooms and public swimming pools. This condition can also be prevalent in “commons” areas in prisons and residential care facilities.
Solutions to Combat Athlete’s Foot
- Hydrate your feet by using lotion
- Buff off nails
- Use of anti-fungal product
- Examine feet and visit your doctor if any suspicious blisters or cuts are present.
What is Tinea?
- Athlete’s foot is often caused by the same fungus that causes ringworm (tinea).
- Tinea can invade other parts of the body as well, if the proper thriving conditions for it are met.
- Tinea thrives in mostly dark, warm and moist environments.
- Although many people never experience athlete’s foot, around 70% of the population may suffer from tinea at some point.
People with a history of tinea or other skin infections are more likely to suffer from other unrelated infections.
If you have any questions, contact one of our offices located in Friendswood, TX; Missouri City, TX; and Lake Jackson, TX. We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.